A Divorced Mother's Life and POV from Soup To Nuts........

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Job Interviews and My Experience So Far.....

Today I went on a job interview and it was way different than I thought it would be. This particular job I was interviewing for is for a Chiropractic Assistant. All in all there were about 12 women, they sat us down to watch a video and then made us fill out a 3 page questionnaire. After we were done that they brought is in one by one to interview us. This part went rather well for me and I feel really confident. Hope fully in a couple days I will have a new job and life will be a little easier for this writer. Personally after the last few years I've had I deserve a break. So I pray that the Almighty grants my wish and I get the job!
There seems to be a pattern for me when it comes to job interviews in that I get a couple and then for 6 months nothing, and then I get a couple, and then for another 6 months nothing. Needless to say the job market in my town is dwindling. Families are leaving to go out of province for jobs in Alberta and Saskatchewan. More people are going on social assistance and unemployment. Not a good employment scene here at all. I wonder how much longer I'll have to endure it as well before I finally pack up and leave for another town. As it stand now I am about 80 percent there already, but family guilt so far has prevented me from making any real substantial effort to do so. There are a few other factors preventing me as well, like my Church of which I feel so at home in, and I can't say that about any other church I have ever been to in my life. Secondly, my friends who I would get to see even less of than I do now. My daughter is ok with us moving anywhere, but I am sure once we did it she may change her tune. For right now it is all up in the air for me. So I will just concentrate on this one job first and then a few more before I make the decision that is right for me and my daughter and not caving to the pressures of family and friends. Maybe its selfish, but I already know that more opportunity for myself as well as my daughter especially lurks closer to Toronto, and  as she grows older my daughter would have wanted me to move anyway considering what she says now that she wants to do in life. So uncertainty at its best, when all I want is a clean getaway and a final plan. Such is life I guess.

1 comment: