A Divorced Mother's Life and POV from Soup To Nuts........

Monday 4 June 2012

D-i-v-o-r-c-e Canadian Style!!

Whenever anybody asks me what the first thing I decided to do after making the choice to split with my now ex-husband I tell them I poured myself a stiff drink and left the reality till the next day. Then I contacted one of the most respected divorce lawyers in my city and started on my journey of the down and dirty deeds of becoming a divorcee. For some it is simple, sign a piece of paper, wait 30 days and its over. For me it dragged on close to 3 years before I could finally say I was a Mrs. no more. I had no idea how hard and emotionally exhausting the process would be, but even though I lost my shirt and some of my sanity in the whole ordeal, it was worth it. All in all we went back to court about 5 times, argued and threatened, and yelled some more, till he finally got the hint I was serious and was not bluffing when it came to my demands. I am glad that the circumstances allowed me to get what I needed, which I am not sorry to say knocked my ex down his self built pedestal a few rungs. Sometimes people need a wakeup call. Unfortunately he still feels he got shafted because I am not paying him support so he could sit on his butt and play video games all day. I took all the debt which then caused me to file bankruptcy and even though he is ordered to pay child support he has done everything he can to avoid paying it. Even going so far as to go on welfare, and hide income from a full time job paid under the table. Needless to say my ex has a a lack of morals and decency. The only money I ever see is from his gst and  from the welfare he is on which give me maybe $30 a month, all garnished of course because he won't give the money up easily. You would think that a grown man would want to make sure their kids are taken care of and avoid illegal activities in the pursuit of non-compliance. Well Canada definitely has a new breed of man and they are as I like to call them "Couch Surfing Deadbeats". This breed of man preys on women who are employed, sucks them in, only keeps their job until they know they can get away (although it briefly) with quiting, and dig in their claws. These men do not let go easily and usually will do anything short of murder to be kept. Oh I'm sorry, you want how big a TV for your birthday? No go get a job and pay for it your damn self. You all get the general picture here. Sorry I went all crazy for a bit, but the ridiculousness of the situation, and of the quality of man I was married to truly gets me pissed off at times. And I'm entitled, at least I think I am. If you asked him, he would say he got screwed, even though he left the relationship almost scott free save for the child support he has to pay. So too bad buddy, you reap what you sew and hopefully learn from it and grow. I am still waiting on that part......

No comments:

Post a Comment